Wednesday, July 03, 2013

the thing-a-ma-bob that does the job

I often feel like Cinderella while preparing for holidays. When I’m looking forward to a fun event I tend to see unexpected tasks as tests that are keeping me from what I really want to do.

When I start to feel defeated I like to remember that Cinderella did finish all of the work she was charged with … and then those she saw as being in control of her freedom found another obstacle to stick between her and the ball.

I have found a lot of momentary satisfaction and quick burning energy in obsessing over my seemingly unfair circumstances. The wicked tempest is followed by grouchy malaise that diverts my attention from noticing the next part of the story play out, the part with the magic.

I have never missed a celebration because and end suddenly came loose. I think its time for me to trust the fact that as long as I do my work honorably things will work out and probably in a way that I could not imagine or plan.

Today, I put my faith in magic. And when the Magic happens, that’s just the end of act one!

No comments: